Sunday, May 18, 2008

Opportunities . . .

. . . come at the strangest times, and from the oddest places.

I am being rather actively recruited for a position that would pay me approximately 3X my current salary. It would also provide for housing, a car, medical insurance and an allowance for daily living expenses. Most of my salary - less taxes - could go straight to the bank.

It has some downsides, and is not a sure thing. However, I think I can pull it off. It will take some time to develop.

This came, totally unsolicited, out of the blue from a source that I never expected. One blogger knows the details, but she is sworn to secrecy.

Stay tuned . . .

4 comments:

gemmak said...

Oooo....how exciting, even if ultimately you choose not to go that route it's still pretty cool. I'm staying tuned...... :o)

Anonymous said...

It's a trick - your salary in Zimbawean dollars should be WAY more than 3x!

Hey, fingers crossed for you. Sounds like food for thought. :-)

I wish someone would actively recruit me... [walks away whistling in the vain hope a potential headhunting employer is reading this blog].

Jack said...

Ian,

Correctamundo.

1 US Dollar = 30,629.6 Zimbabwe Dollar (as of this morning)

Anonymous said...

This almost sounds like that commercial where the golden retriever knows the secret baked bean recipe. (looks at Ginger questioningly)