Monday, September 01, 2008

Where's Bulldog ? . . .

. . . Gone to Texas.

Last Wednesday, Mrs. B. and I hopped on the big silver bird and flew to Dallas to visit son #1 (J) and family. Since arriving, we have done absolutely nothing productive - which I consider to be an excellent plan.

On Saturday afternoon, we were treated to a trip to Medieval Times. I'm sure our Brit friends would find it a bit hokey, but it was fun. Food with no utensils, jousting, duels, fair maids, busty serving wenches. Brennig would have appreciated the fact that the knights rode Andalusian horses.

A side benefit (perhaps to the backside also) is that J is a very accomplished baker. We have hot scones available every morning, and he's made lemon cookies, snickerdoodles, and a great birthday cake for Mrs. B. She's 29 again. I don't know if gen-you-wine Brit scones are better than J's, but if they are, I'm booking passage next week.

Photos later . . . when I tire of sitting by the pool with my feet up and reading a novel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might get VERY jealous. :-)

I have seen examples of the in-house master baker's handiwork and quite frankly; he's just trying to put the rest of us to shame!

Scones must be eaten with Devon clotted cream and strawberry jam or you get locked up for 90 days by the food police. Fact.

I used to live near Warwick Castle (in fact about 100 yards away) and they used to do similar Medieval nights - a confusing term, feels like there should be a "K" in there somewhere - and yes, they were a bit "hokey" but also GREAT fun!

p.s. Yes I did look up what hokey meant. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I made scones according to J's recipe. They are quite good! :)

He is quite the master baker. Can we put in an order for cake? :)