Saturday, August 02, 2008

Window peeper . . .

. . . pun intended.

This little guy was staring in our back window last evening. We don't have nearly as many songbirds hanging around as we did in Kansas City. That's probably because the subdivision developers around here clear-cut the trees, and we live in the middle with only saplings in the yards.

Since Jane asked, I chased him down on Google. He's a male Carduelis tristis, aka the American Goldfinch, wearing his summer breeding plumage.

We also have some hummingbirds hanging around, but I haven't been able to capture them on film . . . er, I mean chip yet.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jack said...

Freanin' spammers . . .

gemmak said...

What kind of bird is it?

Jack said...

I'm no birder, but after a bit of Google, I found Carduelis tristis, or the American Goldfinch. He's in his summer breeding plumage.