Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Worshipers at the Church of Heather . . .

. . . need not read further.

But you can if you want.

I see by the Rasmussen poll that President Bush's approval rating is now at 34%. If you think that's abysmal, I agree. Although I am an unabashed centrist-leaning Republican, I truly believe that Bush has squandered all of the party's gains from Reagan forward. I think he picked and trusted incompetent people. Rumsfeld was probably the worst.

That being said, here's what you get if you elect Obama, and swing the Senate and House further blue in tint:

A congress with an approval rating of 9%, led by the most liberal current member of that august 9% body.

That's NINE FREAKING PERCENT, folks.

I don't know about you, but that's not my definition of trading up.

Just sayin . . .

3 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Wow, I didn't realized Bush's aproval had risen that high. Wasn't he like 29% a few months ago?

-- Another unabashed centrist-leaning Republican

Lisa said...

I think we'll have to take our chances with Obama. Palin is really raising questions as far as McCain's judgment is concerned.

Jack said...

I think Barry-O's probably in. Get ready to "spread the wealth."

Or, maybe there will be enough pressure that he won't be able push his whole agenda.

What I don't understand is that Palin is a smart, savvy, personable woman - and her worst enemies seem to be women.