Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Waterless urinals . . .

In the spirit of "a green environment," the Naval stations are installing waterless urinals. They have a drain and a chemical tablet, but no flush. They capped the water supply pipe with a little chrome cap.

So, when I walk into the mens' room today, a gentleman is banging on the little chrome cap, and saying it won't flush. I bit my tongue so I wouldn't say: "what about "waterless" don't you get, dude?"

So this is new? Back when I was a kid, we had waterless urinals. We called them either outhouses . . . or oak trees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah,that is a funny thing, pushing the cap on a waterless one! the Naval Air Station in Pt Hueneme and at NAS Coronado in CA have these for years and they seem to work. Also heard a story that they are more hygienic because they are dry.

Lisa said...

Funny!