Sunday, July 12, 2009

Apparently, no one . . .

. . . is dying of curiosity, so here's the deal.

I am applying for a job rotation with the Navy in Naples, Italy.

My mind is currently boggling about all the planning - get the house ready for sale, sell the house, sell a car, store household goods, move household goods, find a place to live, figure out health insurance, drivers' licenses, visas, bank accounts, ad infinitum.

But, I'm a planner by profession, so it's not really that hard.

Anyway, I'm sure someone else has done this, so maybe I can ask.

Besides, I may not get the job.

No guarantees.

Although, I AM the best qualified applicant.

Just ask me.

More later.

Film at eleven.


4 comments:

Brennig said...

How cool! But, forgive me if I'm making mental leaps here.... your prospective son-in-law is due to move from Europe to the US, right?

And your response to this groundbreaking event is to move from the US to Europe?

Hmmm....

Jack said...

Since there is no cause/effect, your mental leap took a rail off the last jump, but is still accurate in principle. ;o}

Lisa said...

Well, our thought is that we'll be returning to England, and so a 20 hour drive (or flight) to Italy would be rather cool. :)

Jack said...

I need to send a reminder/followup on Monday.