Friday, March 25, 2011

Rules of the road . . .
. . . as interpreted by Italians


The highways are built for MY convenience. You are obviously here only to annoy me and slow me down.

I don’t use my direction indicators because it is up to you to determine MY intentions.

MY job is to go as fast as I want. Your job is to get out of the way.

MY need for your lane overrides your right to use it.

My failure to notice that MY lane ends requires you to move over.

MY need to park in the street in order to chat with mi amico is superior to your need to use it as a traffic lane.

My headlights are on high beam because I can see better that way. You can squint.

I am going 40 kph under the speed limit becaue I need to make a phone call. Go around when you can.

I have the right-of-way when I am on your right . . . or on your left.

Handicap parking spaces are for ME - if I get there first.

No comments: