Tuesday, May 17, 2011

  I cannot . . .

. . . be trained

My computer at work automatically resets the Num Lock key to "off" every time it reboots.

Every night.

In order to log in every morning with a key card and a PIN, I need to turn the Num Lock back on.

Every morning.

I always forget.

Every morning.

And have done so for one year, two weeks and six days.

Tomorrow, this shall change.


I would change the startup up to activate Num Lock automatically, but I cannot.  Uncle Sammy won't allow it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU INSANE!!

It is well known that starting a laptop with the Num Lock key set to on is an activation signal to fundamentalist radicals who have been hypnotized by the subliminal messages inserted into Justin Bieber albums (a standard musical of your average radical).

DON'T DO IT!!!

What do you think 'BIOS' means? Basic Indoctrination Order System. SO SO SO OBVIOUS!!!!

You're going to be telling me you know know about the mind control drugs in beef jerky next. That's how they get you...beef jerky and secret Bieber messages.

Anonymous said...

See how it's made me make lots of typos. Evil.

Charlie Sheen knows. Clever guy.

Jack said...

Apprently, insanity runs in the family . . . even by marriage!

BTW, I did it again this morning. I am completely untrainable.

Brennig said...

I love group policies that need tampering with :)

Jack said...

As do I. However, Uncle Sammy has no sense of humor.

Lisa said...

so no registry changes are allowed, I take it. Our actuarial staff used to get a bit peeved about the numlock off thing, so we had to go in and fix their registry settings.