Sunday, June 27, 2010

BMW . . .

. . . check.


I didn't particularly want a BMW, but we need a second car for me to drive to work.

People rotating in from the U.S. usually buy a "Naples car" from someone rotating out. Why? Because the natives here believe all rules of the road are optional, and that driving is a contact sport. We don't want to beat our new Escape to death, so the BMW is the sacrificial lamb.

It's a 1997 316i with a 5-speed manual gearbox and drives very nicely. It should get us by for three years, then it's up for sale again.


5 comments:

Brennig said...

You mean driving in Italy *isn't* supposed to be a contact sport?

Jack said...

Actually, I think the average Napolitan has an "I'm more important than you are" gene.

BTW, I can't access your blog any longer. Is it down, done, depleted, disposed of?

Lisa said...

I think you should bring it home and give it to your daughter. :)

gemmak said...

Lol ....I remember Italian driving, 'contact sport' is the best description I have yet heard! ;)

Jack said...

While darling daughter would probably impress her coworkers by arriving in a BMW, It is against the Status of Forces agreement to send it back to the US. It must be resold or scrapped.