Sunday, October 30, 2011

When the debate is lost . . .

. . . slander becomes the tool of the loser.

The theory that Republicans - especially white Republicans - oppose Obama only because of his race, and support Cain to prove they are not racists is simply reprehensible.  I expect lickspittles like Bashir and Olbermann to don their cheerleading panties, but I was surprised at Gregory.


One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy.  – Karen Finney, MSNBC Analyst to Martin Bashir, MSNBC host.
White voters support Cain to show they aren't racist. “I think when [members of the Tea Party] can vote for a Herman Cain and hear him say the things that he says they feel like, ‘Well, you know, I can, I support this guy and...so it shows that I’m not racist and I’m supportive.  – Rep. Elijah Cummings, (D) Maryland to "Meet the Press" host David Gregory.
Cain is popular with Republicans because it "hides the racist element" of the party. – Janeane Garafalo, out of work actress to Keith Olbermann, fired MSNBC host.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ever notice how the only people who ever focus on race are liberals? They're obsessed with race, whereas conservatives couldn't care less about race... and yet somehow, conservatives end up being labeled "racists." (Don't psychologists always like to say that people point out "flaws" in OTHERS that they see in THEMSELVES? Hmmmm...)